Greetings Polk County Democrats. Are you ready to win? 2018 is going to be a great year for Democrats and our fellow North Carolinians. It's time we took back our state and for our values to be represented in the Senate in Raleigh.
I'm David Wheeler, candidate for Senate District 47. I'm an entrepreneur that has created and lead five companies over the last 25 years. I started my first business at age 24 with $75.00 in the bank. I've had the great fortune to work in more than 50 countries around the globe and helped create more than 2,500 jobs during my career. I live in Mitchell County, outside Spruce Pine, with my artist wife, Jeannine Marchand (jeanninemarchand.com) and three kids, Calia (7), Nico (5) and Quinn (2).
My company, International Higher Education Group LLC (www.ihedgroup.com) is connecting students to universities around the globe and adding 25 high paying jobs over the next 12 months.
- UPDATE: WHEELER RECEIVES SENATOR VAN DUYN'S ENDORSEMENT
- UPDATE: WHEELER RECEIVES DAVID WILHELM'S ENDORSEMENT
I'm also a lifelong Democrat. My first campaign was age 10 when my mom and dad were campaign managers for a legislative candidate that unseated a 4 term Republican. I've gone on to work in more than 20 political campaigns, been on the Young Democrats National Committee and was fortunate enough to be the lead advance staff for then Senator Obama's campaign launch in February 2007. (I'm the guy third from the right in the photo.)
I'm running because:
- I can assist small businesses and entrepreneurs add higher paying jobs for our citizens. I've created jobs myself and want to help others create jobs here in the counties of this district.
- I want to help fix and properly fund rural healthcare. The status quo is unsustainable and not serving anyone's interest other than insurance companies.
- We need to keep a close eye on the environment and polluters and ensure regulators have the right tools and funding.
- We must increase funding to rural schools. The bottom line is we need to increase teacher pay and funding overall.
- As Hillary Clinton said, “Seniors should not have to choose between putting food on the table, keeping a roof over their heads, or buying the medication that they need to stay healthy." I'll work to ensure we take care of our seniors and work to keep prescription drugs, healthcare and housing costs low for them.
- Governor Roy Cooper, Attorney General Stein and other elected officials need more allies in the legislature. I ready to help Governor Cooper and AG Stein move their agendas forward.
- Raleigh Ralph Hise needs to be turned out of office. He is part of the problem in NC.
I hope you will consider voting for me in the May 8 primary or during early voting (which starts April 19).
Please contact me if you have any questions, would like to volunteer or have any ideas. I'll look forward to meeting you on the campaign trail in the coming days.
David B. Wheeler
Candidate for NC Senate District 47
167 Locust Street, Suite 207
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
828 330 4477